Friday, April 10, 2009

The Missing; Pt. 3

After having had a chance to examine the material torn from the theif's shirt, I was surprised to find that it was not from a cheap shirt as I had initially expected, but is actually from a very expensive shirt. That means one of two things, either someone wealthy broke into my storehouse, which I doubt, or more likely the theif was paid beforehand to steal what they did and, if that is the case, the thief is not someone used to having expensive clothes or they would not have worn such an expensive shirt while burgling.

I visited several high class clothing stores to verify my thoughts about the cloth, and found that in the third such store I visited, the proprieter not only knew the material well, he also knew the exact shirt the peice came from, since it is such a rare material, and he had sold the shirt as part of a more expensive custom made suit not five days before.

It took a bit of circular talking before I managed to get the name of the customer from him; one Derick Jones, a tall, lanky fellow by the clerk's description, a man who has probably never owned a suit before in his life. It will be far easier now to find out what's going on. I just have to track down Mr. Jones and get some answers, and maybe even retrieve the missing items if they havn't been sold or given to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment